9 Essential Nutrients For Your Body [Amino Acids]
There are 20 amino acids that you need to maintain your health, 9 of these are considered essential amino acids your body needs but can’t make on its own. These 9 essential amino acids your body needs must be obtained through diet by consuming such foods as meat, eggs, tofu, soy, quinoa and dairy.
REJUVENATE is a patented blend of all 9 essential amino acids.
Amino acids are the result of your body breaking down the protein you eat. These amino acids build muscles, transport nutrients, prevent illness, increase immune system, slow muscle loss, repair tissue and many other bodily functions.
Many studies show that low levels of protein and essential amino acids in the body can affect muscle health, energy, reduced muscle mass and strength as you age. While getting adequate essential amino acids has shown to help recovery post surgery and post exercise.
Each of the 9 essential amino acids play a different role in the body, and each can be found in varying amounts in specific foods. Getting the right blend of essential amino acids to repair muscle, slow muscle loss and encourage healthy aging is only achieved by eating a wide variety of protein rich foods.
REJUVENATE was designed with an optimal blend of all 9 essential amino acids for slowing loss and building muscle, even without exercise.
9 Essential [Nutrients] Amino Acids Your Body Needs
- Lysine is important for building muscle, maintaining bone strength, recovering from injury and regulating hormones.
- Isoleucine helps with healing after injury, immunity, blood sugar regulation, maintaining muscle tissue, energy production, and hormone production. Older adults needs more isoleucine to maintain muscle health as they age.
Leucine is the superstar when it comes to building, repairing and maintaining muscle and bone. Important for older adults that risk developing sarcopenia, the natural age-related muscle loss that beings in our 40s and accelerates as we age.
- Histidine is the key facilitator of tissue repair, creating blood cells and maintains the protective covering over nerve cells. The body uses Histidine to create histamine that aids in immunity, reproductive health and digestion. A deficiency in this essential amino acid can cause anemia and low blood levels.
Phenylalanine aids the body in its use of other amino acids, proteins and enzymes and is converted into tyrosine, which is key to healthy brain function.
- Threonine is important for healthy skin and teeth as it is a big part of tooth enamel, collagen and elastin while also helping with metabolism and digestion.
Tryptophan is important for health sleep cycles. It is a precursor of serotonin and melatonin. The first regulates appetite, sleep and mood, while the later is a common sleep aid. Tryptophan has been shown to improve mental energy and emotional processing.
- Methionine plays a key role in healthy hair, nails and skin. It aids in the proper absorption of selenium and zinc and the removal of heavy metals such as lead and mercury.
- Valine effects our mental health and is essential for mental focus, muscle coordination, tissue repair, energy and emotions. Deficiencies in Valine can cause insomnia and reduced mental clarity.
Look for foods high in all of these 9 essential amino acids your body needs to ensure overall health. Especially important as you age, is added leucine, lysine and Isoleucine. More and more studies are showing the importance of maintaining muscle mass as you age to protect your health, strength and mobility.
The patented blend of essential amino acids in REJUVENATE have also shown to help speed recovery post surgery and help patients in treatment maintain muscle when appetite is compromised.